TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Thompson Towers – Terms and Conditions of Hire
The terms and contract below will set an agreement between the Hire Provider and the Customer for the Hire of the equipment and services. This written contract is the full written intention for both parties and supersedes all other written/oral agreements between the Hire provider and the Customer.
The Hire Provider
Thompson Towers Wedding, Party and Event hire.
The client booking the equipment or services, for their event with the hire provider, Thompson Towers.
Is a period of time before or after the hire period that the products will be delivered, set-up and collected. Thompson Towers deliver all the hire products and collect them no later than the next day.
The Equipment Consists of any item hired for example:
- LED Illuminated star cloths, letters and signs
- Top table and cake table twinkling skirts
- Candy Ferris wheel, Ferrero Rocher heart with Tongs and Scoops
- Vintage Wedding Post box and wish trees
- Aisle runners and lanterns/ arches
- Chair covers and sashes
Event Date and time
Is the date and start time of the hire period. The hire period is the date of the event and products are collected the following day, otherwise a further charge will be applied. The hire products price is per day.
Is the address and location where the provider will be set up the equipment ready for the hire period and idle period (if required). If a hire item requires moving throughout the day a further moveable charge maybe applied. If the event location is more than 30 miles away then a travelling charge will be incurred to and from the location.
- All equipment remains at all times, the property of the provider.
- When placing an order either verbally or by electronic communication, it is deemed that the customer has read, understood and fully agreed to the provider’s terms and conditions of hire.
- A booking will only be fully confirmed once a booking/ holding fee (non-refundable) is received (deposits/holding admin fee can vary, up/down depending and the Equipment Hired). The Customer will receive confirmation of deposit payment and booking details forming a contract agreement.
- NO booking is confirmed until receipt of a booking/ holding Fee has been made. This is then taken off your final balance and is Non-Refundable.
- If a booking/holding fee is made to secure the date, it is agreed that the final balance will be paid 28 Days before the event. If you exceed the final payment balance date, then your date is no longer secure and funds already paid will be non-refundable. Your date can then be released to another client.
- A returnable bond maybe required to protect certain goods and products.
- All equipment hired is subject to a booking/admin fee to fully confirm the booking.(Booking fees are non-refundable), 20% of the total package or items hired or a set deposit for packages.
The final balance will be payable in full 28 days prior to the event date.
- WE CANNOT take payments on or after an event. We do not want to be contacting clients on the day or week of their busy events. We believe this to be very unprofessional as we understand it is a busy time for you.
- When placing an order either verbally or by electronic communication it is deemed that the customer has read, understood and fully agreed and is bound to the providers terms and conditions of hire irrespective.
- A booking will only be fully confirmed once a booking/holding fee is received. The Customer will receive confirmation of booking/holding fee payment, final payment and booking details.
- Payments can be made via PayPal, bank Transfer or in cash on arrangement to meet at your venue.
Date Changes and Cancellations
- Any change of date and time is subject to hire availability. If the alternative date and time are not available, the deposit and monies paid will be forfeited and the event cancelled.
- If the new date is available, the provider will confirm the new event date and time and the customer will receive a new confirmation with final payment details.
- Any cancellation will forfeit any deposit payment made.
- CANCELLATIONS – Can only be made 6 months before your chosen date, therefore any monies paid over and above the deposit or holding fee, cannot be refunded due to loss of earnings and dates being held for the client. Final payments are always paid in full 28 days before the wedding date so cannot be refunded after this time.
- Please see our updated COVID Policy to see any chnages or new advice.
EVENT LOCATION FACILITIES AND CLIENT CONDUCT
- A single location for the hire equipment to be installed will be agreed on or before the arrival date between the provider and the Customer. Once the location is agreed and the equipment set-up, the location cannot be changed.
- The set-up and operational area at the event for the equipment will require a ground space of minimum 3 meters x 2.5 meters for each letter requiring a floor space of 1.2 M. Star cloths need a space of 6M x 3M and be near electrical points.
- The provider reserves the right to refuse full or partial delivery and set up of the equipment if the event site is deemed to be unsuitable or unsafe for operation (Health and Safety or risk assessment issue), or is the customer has failed to notify the provider of any delivery obstructions or obstacles such as stairs or excessive distance from providers vehicle to Equipment set-up location.
- The Customer must ensure the relevant venue is informed of the star cloth hire and that there is sufficient space and power is available. All delivery information must be provided to the Hire provider before the event date.
- Any returns to the venue or moving of any equipment required will encure a return/relocation/turnaround fee. Also if we are required to collect stock during unsociable hours (after midnight) then a further unsociable hours fee may apply.
Damage or theft to Equipment/ Insurance
- The customer acknowledges that they will be fully responsible for any damage or loss to the Provider and equipment through either misuse, damage, missing props or equipment by the Customer.
- All damages or loss of equipment are the customers responsibility and need to be paid for by the client.
- Thompson Towers is fully insured with Public Liability insurance and all products, where needed are PAT tested and checked Yearly.
- The Customer will indemnify provider against any and all liability associated with the use of pictures taken with the standees at Customers event.
- Customer will indemnify the Provider from the time of the start of the event times and on into the future, against any liability associated with Customer or its guests.
- The Customer agrees to indemnify the Provider for any damage or theft of the Providers equipment whilst the equipment is on the event site/location.
- The Provider accepts no liability for any damage or loss of personnel property and or any injury arising from the use of the hired equipment.
- In the event Provider is unable to supply a working star cloth or illuminated letters for at least 80% of the hire Period, the customer shall be refunded a prorated amount based on the amount of service received.
- If no equipment hire is provided, Providers maximum liability will be the return of all payments received from the Customer.
- The hire provider cannot accept responsibility for failure to attend an event which is due to severe weather, highway or road closure which is out of the hire provider’s control. All money will be refunded to the client.
- Illuminated letters, cloths and signs are pre-checked to make sure all LED lights are operational.
- The hire provider cannot accept responsibility for failure to provide services or equipment due to any incident or event out of the hire provider’s control.
- The customer and all their guests hereby give the Provider the right and permission to copyright and use, in any media taken at the event.
- If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable under Contract Law, then that provision, or portion thereof, shall be deemed separate from the rest of this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforce ability of any remaining provisions, or portions thereof.